Life of the Girl Child
Globally, the girl child faces many challenges including female infanticide; child marriage; female genital mutilation; sexual abuse and exploitation; and lack of access to education, healthcare and food. The United Nations recognized these challenges with the adoption of Resolution 66/170 in 2011, which designated the International Day of the Girl Child as the 11th of October every year – a time to raise awareness about the position of the girl child globally. How can we empower girls to rise above legal, education-based, and informal gender discrimination to create brighter futures for all?
Dec. 20, 2017
Feb. 16, 2018
Jan. 23, 2018
Jan. 30, 2018
Feb. 21, 2018
March 01, 2018
Sept. 07, 2018
- Jan. 31, 2018 Ghanaian Counselor Wants Pupils to Know Their Rights
- Jan. 31, 2018 Nurturing Fitrah Foundation
- Jan. 31, 2018 Heart for India Foundation
- Jan. 31, 2018 Voice and Choice: What Young Women Want
- Feb. 02, 2018 Mobilizing Action for Women and Girls in West Africa
- Feb. 19, 2018 Jimmy Carter Wants You! (To Help Him End Violence Against Women And Girls)
- April 03, 2018 A Girl Has Been Born
- May 15, 2018 Une Interview avec Penda Mbaye de Tostan
- May 15, 2018 An Interview With Penda Mbaye of Tostan (translation)
- May 21, 2018 Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Sept. 05, 2018 How Can the U.S. Promote Peace, Security, and Community in Africa?
- Nov. 06, 2018 How can we help the victims of Boko Haram?
- Nov. 28, 2018 Should African Countries Decriminalize Prostitution?
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get the latest updates by entering your email address and clicking 'Subscribe' below.