Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights addresses civil and political rights as well as economic, social and cultural rights, although the first set of rights is often prioritized. There is a global consensus, however, that these two sets of rights are interdependent.
July 28, 2022
June 23, 2022
April 13, 2022
Nov. 11, 2021
March 25, 2021
July 31, 2020
June 25, 2020
May 20, 2020
March 15, 2019
Feb. 14, 2018
Feb. 14, 2018
- July 18, 2022 Executive Order on Advancing Effective, Accountable Policing and Criminal Justice Practices to Enhance Public Trust and Safety
- July 18, 2022 ACLU HR40 Toolkit PDF
- July 18, 2022 Georgia Online Voter Registration
- July 18, 2022 NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- July 18, 2022 Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) - Criminal Justice Reform
- July 18, 2022 Washington Post: Police Shootings Database (2015-present)
- Dec. 20, 2021 Background: The Tent Of Nations
- Nov. 05, 2021 Auditing Economic Policy for Human Rights: A Guide for Activists and Advocates
- July 13, 2021 Rethinking Macro Economic Strategies from a Human Rights Perspective: Why MES With Human Rights II
- July 13, 2021 The Economic Crisis is a Human Rights Issue
- July 13, 2021 How Inequality Threatens All Human Rights
- July 13, 2021 Economic Rights Are Human Rights
- July 13, 2021 Economic Policy and Human Rights: Holding Governments to Account
- Dec. 01, 2020 UN Policy Brief: Addressing the Economic Fallout of COVID-19 on Women and Girls
- June 25, 2020 UN Human Rights Council Holds Historic Hearings on Racism in US
- June 25, 2020 What are Economic, Social and Cultural rights?
- June 24, 2020 These numbers show that black and white people live in two different Americas
- June 23, 2020 Contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and racial intolerance
- June 23, 2020 Legislative and Policy Priorities of the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
- June 02, 2020 How Can A Moral Revival Overcome Systemic Injustice?
- May 18, 2020 How Can Pain And Frustration Be Channeled Into Positive Actions In The Middle East?
- May 12, 2020 United States Ratification of the Human Rights Covenants
- April 27, 2020 2019 CIVICUS State Of Civil Society Report
- April 21, 2020 CIVICUS Monitor
- April 03, 2020 The Highest Aspiration
- Jan. 29, 2020 Our Year-Long March For Peace: India And Beyond
- Dec. 23, 2019 I Defend Rights
- Nov. 26, 2019 How Empowering Women and Girls Can Help Solve the Climate Crisis
- Feb. 01, 2019 Public Good Or Private Wealth?
- May 21, 2018 Sustainable Development Goal 17: Partnerships
- May 21, 2018 Sustainable Development Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Feb. 02, 2018 From Now to 2030: What is Needed to Measure SDG 16
- Jan. 31, 2018 Women's Rights are Human Rights: United Nations Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get the latest updates by entering your email address and clicking 'Subscribe' below.