Life of the Girl Child
Globally, the girl child faces many challenges including female infanticide; child marriage; female genital mutilation; sexual abuse and exploitation; and lack of access to education, healthcare and food. The United Nations recognized these challenges with the adoption of Resolution 66/170 in 2011, which designated the International Day of the Girl Child as the 11th of October every year – a time to raise awareness about the position of the girl child globally. How can we empower girls to rise above legal, education-based, and informal gender discrimination to create brighter futures for all?
Dec. 20, 2017
Sept. 21, 2018
March 16, 2018
March 02, 2018
Sept. 22, 2017
- Nov. 28, 2018 Should African Countries Decriminalize Prostitution?
- June 01, 2022 Every Woman Treaty
- Nov. 06, 2018 How can we help the victims of Boko Haram?
- Sept. 05, 2018 How Can the U.S. Promote Peace, Security, and Community in Africa?
- May 21, 2018 Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality
- May 15, 2018 An Interview With Penda Mbaye of Tostan (translation)
- May 15, 2018 Une Interview avec Penda Mbaye de Tostan
- April 03, 2018 A Girl Has Been Born
- Feb. 19, 2018 Jimmy Carter Wants You! (To Help Him End Violence Against Women And Girls)
- Feb. 02, 2018 Mobilizing Action for Women and Girls in West Africa
- Jan. 31, 2018 Voice and Choice: What Young Women Want
- Jan. 31, 2018 Heart for India Foundation
- Jan. 31, 2018 Nurturing Fitrah Foundation
- Jan. 31, 2018 Ghanaian Counselor Wants Pupils to Know Their Rights
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get the latest updates by entering your email address and clicking 'Subscribe' below.